It's Time to Raise the Curtain
Each of us has our own unique dream of opening night at the Auburn Placer Performing Arts Center. Yet, each of these visions begins with the same experience. The Dramatic Raising of the Stage Curtain! Magically, with this single event, a wide range of cultural, entertainment, educational and business needs will be addressed for generations to come.
What is your dream? For many, when the curtain goes up, they see their children or grandchildren dancing in their first recital. For some, the raising of the curtain may reveal an intimate concert featuring Kenny Loggins or, perhaps the dancing of Ballet Folklorico. For others, the Auburn Placer Performing Arts Center stage will host a musical, a classic movie or even a business convention.
Your dream may find that the stage provides an ideal setting for a fundraising event for your nonprofit organization or school. For other community members, the featured show is less important than the celebration of our Placer County heritage and the shared memories of our times at the historic State Theater. Still, for others, the dream is about the future of a vibrant downtown Auburn and the economic growth that comes from a flourishing patronage attending hundreds of diverse events at our newly refurbished Auburn Placer Performing Arts Center.
What We Imagine...
- A thrilling Grand Opening filled with anticipation and a rush of memories.
- A professional community performing arts center in the center of Auburn.
- Our historic building renovated and restored with pride for future generations.
- The strategic location of the State Theatre, linking Old Town to Downtown Auburn.
- Easy accessibility for out of town patrons from Highway 49 and Interstate 80.
- Creating jobs and building local business prosperity by attracting 20,000 people annually.
- Continuing to support the growth of non-profit, performing arts and civic organizations.
- Watching the best that movies have to offer on 35 mm film and digital media.
- Sitting in luxurious theater seats listening to our Auburn Symphony or watching Placer Theatre Ballet's Nutcracker.
- Children growing up in their local theater singing, dancing, laughing and learning the theater arts and stage craft.
- Enjoying season tickets to a series with Jane Goodall, Colin Powell, Garrison Keillor and your favorite authors.
- Attending your local theater with friends and neighbors without long distance travel.
- Bustling shops, lively restaurants, coffee shops filled with theater goers enjoying outstanding local food and wines.
- Thunderous applause as the National Tour of the Peking Acrobats, "42nd Street", "Billy Elliot", Boz Scaggs and the Moscow Festival Ballet takes their final curtain call at the Auburn Placer Performing Arts Center.
Tell Us What You Imagine…