Theater Restoration: The Capital Campaign
State Theatre Front - Before Restoration
It is truly a special gift when a community can blend its rich, historic past with the needs of today and a vision of tomorrow. The restoration of the State Theatre provides Auburn with this wonderful opportunity.
How You Can Support the Auburn Placer Performing Arts Center
State Theatre Front - After Restoration
Your contribution will ensure that the Theater has a vibrant and active base of programming to attract visitors to downtown Auburn. Your gift will also serve as an important catalyst for the continuing cultural growth of our community.
In most fundraising projects, it is quite common for individuals to ask the question,
"Why should I support this effort?"
Culture Builds Community
Performing arts facilities have proven themselves to be the focal point of the social and economic life of many cities. When people leave the Auburn Placer Performing Arts Center after a performance, they will shop, dine, socialize, and generally enjoy and appreciate being a member of the Auburn community. The people attending events will support retail shops and restaurants which will strengthen the local business environment. In addition, the social activities and theater experiences hosted at the Auburn Placer Performing Arts Center wil enhance the excellent quality of life and family oriented environment we all enjoy.
The Auburn Placer Performing Arts Center project strengths are both numerous and sound:
- The Theater is owned and governed by a nonprofit 501(c)3 corporation with a board of directors comprised of well-respected community leaders.
- The Theater will host a wide range of community events and activities.
- The Theater will have a favorable impact on the economic and cultural life in Auburn and Placer County.
- The Historic integrity and charm of the building will be retained.
- The Theater is managed by a professional team and guided by a well designed comprehensive business plan.
- The Theater will feature the creative works of international, national and local artists.
- The Theater will serve as the home for the Auburn Symphony as well as other performing arts organizations, bringing wonderful cultural events to our downtown area.
The Winning Formula
Pledge: To become involved in this exciting community project, pledge your financial contribution to the Capital Campaign Today!
Volunteer: You can enhance your contribution by joining the team and becoming one of our key fundraising volunteers.
Legacy: Make your donation Personal and Everlasting...ask about our Exclusive "Naming Opportunities."
Economic growth and vitality do not happen by chance.
Successful communities often use effective catalytic projects to stimulate development and propel the local economic engine.
"America's nonprofit arts and culture industry generates $166.2 billion in economic activity every year - $63.1 billion in spending by organizations and an additional $103.1 billion in event-related spending by audience. The national impact of this activity is significant, supporting 5.7 million jobs and generating $29.6 billion in government revenue."
National Endowment for the Arts, 2003
To make a donation to the Capital Campaign, please call the APPAC Office,
(530) 885-0156, for more information.